Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Co-op Preschool

As I mentioned in my previous post, Lil' C is attending another preschool besides her Chinese preschool. One of the reason why I wanted to put her in this school is more for the socialization factor. Initially my plan was to homeschool her but I feel that she has come to the point where she needs interaction with others. Since we just moved here, we don't know many people. With no family around & DH at work, it's just me & her most of the time. There's a lot of homeschool support group here but it's more for older kids. That's why I decided to enroll her in this preschool just for her to interact with other kids. I still do a little homeschooling with her because the school is only for 2 days a week, 2 hours each.

This new school is called a cooperative (co-op) preschool. It's different from a normal preschool because I actually have to attend with her. I like that 'cos I get to observe how she plays with others & how she deals with situations. Then every 2 weeks, I also attend a parenting class in her school while she plays.

To me, this place is more like a playschool rather than a preschool. There's no teaching involved. What they have is all these activities for the kids to explore & learn. Some of the activities include:




There's a few more activities that I didn't include. After 1 1/4 hr of free play on the activities, there'll be some circle time for group activities like singing, fingerplay, parachute time, and some outdoor activities.

So far, she's loving the school & even made some new friends. :) As for me, I'm also having fun 'cos I get to talk to other moms & the teachers & learn from them. :)

7 comments:

giddy tiger said...

Looks like so much fun! It will certainly help Lil C boost her creativity! Watch out Picasso!

jazzmint said...

looks like a great place...with loads of creative juices

bp said...

Yes, I also see that it's a lot of play and play here more than back home, but I guess the idea is to learn through play. You enjoy yourself, too!

Btw, I included a link to your blog on mine... hope it's OK with you! =)

wHOisBaBy said...

nice to have such a coop preshool. i wonder if there is one here. a fun place for the kids and also their mommies.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

hey, this looks like a very fun place. Lil' C is lucky to be able to attend 2 preschools, learning different things :D

Blur Mommy said...

Giddy tigers: Not sure abt Picasso but hopefully she'll be creative!!:P

Jazzmint: yep, it's a really fun place. :)

BP: it's definitely different from back home. No problem, thanks for linking me! :)

whoisbaby: this one is organized by the community college here. U might want to check & see if the colleges in LA have this kind of pgm.

mommytochumsy: Ya, she's definitely enjoying herself. :)

wHOisBaBy said...

ok, will check and see.