Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2007

We survived first week of school - Part 2

Continued from Part 1 . . . . .

So after I sneaked off, what did I do? I went to the mall across the school & headed straight for Starbucks! :) Holding a latte in one hand and my handphone in another, I found myself a comfy sofa & waited for my phone to ring. Gee, dunno why I so kan-cheong (nervous)? For experienced mommies, is this a normal feeling when your baby goes to school for the 1st time????

Minutes passed by & my phone was still quiet, I finally started to relax & enjoy my cup of latte. Got some of the latest kay-poh magazine off the shelves & read. Wah, such a nice relax feeling just reading & drinking even if it was just for a short time. :P

Then I went back to the school 15 min before dismissal & waited. Unfortunately, the classroom door was closed, so I cannot peep in. So no choicelor, waited for a little bit, chatted with other mommies & then the door open, & out came my little girl with a big smile on her face........ :)

According to the teacher, she did very well, a little quiet but did all her activities & even asked to go potty!! Mommy's so proud of you, my precious little girl !!! :D

So that was the end of the first day. The 2nd way was even better. When we got to school, her new friend E had just arrived too, so Lil' C & E just ignored their mommies & walked straight into class together without looking back!!! E's mom & I both looked at each other with a "huh, that's it, so easy????" look. :P

Then I went SHOPPING!!!! hehe.....

16 comments:

Judy said...

Glad to know all went well.....all the 'kan cheong-ness' for nothing hor? :P

Mummy to QiQi said...

my time is coming soon....so scared when think of it!

G @ mommibee.com said...

wow congrats! no tear shed on the first day, that's awesome. happy for u now that u hv some real ME time, yay!!

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Wow...that's great news :D Lil'C has done very well indeed. Next time I must find a school for Ashley that has Starbucks nearby so that I can enjoy my cuppa too ;D

jazzmint said...

wow so clever ;). i guess really a blessing to have a friend which she likes.

jazzmint said...

oh btw, do u have a pic of ur girl at school...any pics of her? want to pinjam to a scrapbook, if you don't mind, email me @ jazzmint@gmail.com

wHOisBaBy said...

nice. now can really have mommy time. how do you feel? got miss her a little bit when she's in school? besides shopping what did you do?

Priscilla said...

Oh wonderful, so glad to hear Lil C has settled well into school. Enjoy the ME time, you deserve it, take it easy and keep enjoying that cup of coffee!

Giddy Tiger said...

School is as daunting to parents as it is to kids, eh? I know my time as a parent with a school-going kid is still years away, but I am sure looking forward to it (in anticipation) :D
Glad everything went well!

mybabybay said...

Enjoy it while u can. I seldom get ME time...sob sob.

Blur Mommy said...

Judy, yalor, I worry too much but like u said, we mommies will always worry, ya?

mummy to qiqi: dun worry. I think qiqi will do very well. Just keep brainwashing her :)

g: ya, so happy that she did well. Now I can concentrate on Me for a couple of hrs!! hehe...

mommy to Chumsy: ya, make sure u find a school near a Starbucks, then can enjoy a cuppa & even blog too. I think most of them got WiFi!! haha...

East Meets West Kitchen said...

You know what? I have my home phone and cell phone sitting next to me now just in case. Guess I better get out of the house and head to a Starbucks uh?

Blur Mommy said...

jazzmint: ya, luckily she found a friend. It really helps. Will email u soon :)

whoisbaby: ya, I miss her but I really enjoy my Me time. For now, just shop till I drop 1st!! hehehe...

Priscilla: thanks! will definitely keep enjoying the cup of coffee!! hehe..

GT: I think more daunting to the mommy!!! hehe...

mybabybay: dun worry! Hopefully u will get some ME time too when ur kids go to school. hehe...

IMMomsDaughter said...

It's always the parents that are more apprehensive :) Kids can actually adapt quite well if they are confident of themselves. Good for you!

Blur Mommy said...

immomsdaughter: Yep, I think I was probably more stressed out than my gal. :) Thanks for dropping by.

Irene said...

Yay!
Good that you have some time to yourself now too.