Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

So embarrassing . . . . .

Why embarrassed? 'cos I just got outsmarted by my 33 mth old!!

2 weeks ago, just for fun, I bought a chess/checkers set for her to play. I have to admit I do not know how to play chess!! But DH does play a little chess, so he just kinda explain to her what each one means & how it should be placed on the board.

Today, she came to me asking me to play chess & I told her I didn't know how to play & to wait for her daddy to get home to play with her. I think she didn't like that idea so she started teaching me chess!! So she started showing me each chess piece & saying this is a knight, this is a king, this is a bishop, this is a rook etc...... Mommy's listening & going huh???? Errr... I think there's a role reversal here........... Then she showed me how to put each piece in its place



All done with no help from Mommy. Anyone knows chess? Is it done correctly?? 'cos I have no idea!! hehehe......

Edited to add:

Lil' C says: Aunty giddytigers, thank you for telling me that I got my bishop & rook mixed up. I will change it. Mommy's no help at all..... :) I dun know how to move yet. Daddy's too busy to teach me now. Can u teach me??? :p

13 comments:

mommy of 2 angels said...

a lil genius in the making...can go competition lor!

Giddy Tiger said...

The rook and the bishop should switch places. Did she teach you how to move them too?

Judy said...

What a clever girl. I too don't know how to play chess. My daughter tried to teach me when she was 8 but since I lost interest, she too dropped the game. In this case, I would say, learn to play and encourage your girl. It's a good game training thinking skills.

snoopy said...

Hooo, that is good training for kids. I the it is good butI never pick that up that is why now cannot think fast enough ^O^!

Mummy to QiQi said...

Auntie too can't play chess....*paiseh*...

Health Freak Mommy said...

Lil' C is such a clever girl, clap clap! She even outsmarted me coz i dont know how to play chess too :blush:

Blur Mommy said...

mommy to 2 angels: I just hope she'll stay interested in it for a while :)

giddy tigers: Thks! see edit post! :p

judy: looks like I gotta learn to play, ya?

snoopy: ya, i think it's gd to play chess. Good for the mind.

mummy to qiqi: U too.. hehe..*hi-5* glad I'm not the only one. Looks like I have to start learning. :p

health freak mommy: *another hi-5* hehe...

G @ mommibee.com said...

she's so intelligent indeed, not even 3 yet can play chess already! i cant play chess too, havent the slightest clue :P

giddy tiger said...

hehe...can, come Aunty teach....
but you first go and ask Mommy to buy Aunty GT's flight ticket, can? *wink*

jazzmint said...

wow so clever..future chess champ ;)

Lian said...

My girl also like to play chess. She is so proud that she can beat her brother... aiyah, brother only 4 years old and don't know how to play mah :) I can play but lazy to think. She was trying to teach her grandma to play. So farnee.

Blur Mommy said...

g: she definitely didn't get the smart gene from me! hehe....

Aunty GT: Mommy says no $ now,wait till strike lottery 1st ok? hehe.. (Psst.. I think it will be a long wait since mommy doesn't buy lottery!! hahaha....)

jazzmint: still a long wayleh... must learn to play first, ya? hehe...

lian: haha.. smart girl. Somemore can teach grandma!! :)

jean said...

Children at this age learn pretty fast.. one or two times and they know it well... well done, lil C!