Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Toddler Activity

Ever since I became a mommy, I'm always on a lookout for interesting children's programs for my gal. Of course there's lots of child enrichment programs out there but those pgms are really very expensive. So I try to look for some FOC programs if possible. Why pay for expensive programs when you can get the same thing for free, right? (Hey, that sounds like a line from my sponsored post!! hahaha...)

My favorite is definitely the Storytime at the libraries. I love the libraries here. They're very child-friendly & are always coming up with new pgms for kiddos. For Storytime, they usually have a different one for each age group & each library usually has a different pgm. But basically, at Storytime, they will read some books, so some singing and maybe some puppet show or craft time etc.. So sometimes, I will take Lil' C to at 1 or 2 Storytime per week at different libraries.

Recently, I discovered that a new once-a-wk activity time for toddlers at a nearby mall. Yep, it's held in one of the open area of the mall itself. That's even better 'cos Lil' C can have some fun & after that, Mommy can go shopping!! hahaha....

This is what they normally do. First, have some fun with a huge parachute.


Then they will read a book or two, sing some songs and finally Lil' C's favorite, craft time. Here she is doing making a turtle which was the theme for that week.


Tada... a cross-eyed turtle!!


Yes, it's FOC too!! I think it's part of a marketing strategy by the mall to get mommies to bring their kids to the mall. Once there, they can't help but do some shopping, right? Smart marketing, eh??

16 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Wow....such a nice activity. I would love to go to if I'm there since it's in the mall....which means MORE SHOPPING...hahhahah. Yeah..I'm a shopaholic. Love the cross-eyed turtle.

jazzmint said...

cool...FOC kids stuff who doesn't like rite hehe

Big Pumpkin said...

That's an AWESOME turtle.....love it!

Vien said...

Cool! We did the parachute thing last Sat at Gymboree.

Chiwi said...

It's great isn't it? We sent our kids to playcenter back in nz for a 2 days a week for 3 weeks when we were there beginning of this year, my little girl is still talking about it, and saying that she wants to goto school in NZ and not M'sia. sigh...

wHOisBaBy said...

wah the mall over there so nice one. here none i know. i need to try to get to the library to find out about storytime. haven't done so yet.

Mummy to QiQi said...

I love the crossed-eye turtle! Can i use this idea for my playgroup?

G @ mommibee.com said...

smart marketing strategy indeed but it's so good they dont charge a cent. Lil C is very creative, just like her mommy!
I've tagged you at:
http://mommibee.com/?p=58
U dont hv to do it if u are not free; or if u hv already done this tag; or u've already been tagged the same thing by someone else; pls ignore this, no problem :) Thanks.

Dr ve Thru said...

Yes, good marketing concept. I suppose if you plan to shop there and the activity is there, you might as well make use of the free service.

Marketing does not normally work with people like me, I will use the service if I was already there. :)

blur_mommy said...

mommy to chumsy: ya, if just go shopping alone, she'll get bored. This way, she has her fun & I have my fun too...hehehe

jazzmint: yep, FOC is the best mah! : )

big pumpkin: Thanks. U can try this with ur gal too!

vien: I think they are actually using the Gymboree parachute. Got the Gymboree tag on it.

blur_mommy said...

chiwi: Maybe u shld start one in Msia... hehe.. It will definitely be very popular.

whoisbaby: ya, u shld go check out the storytimes. They're fun.

mummy to qiqi: TQ. Feel free to use any craft idea u see here. Have fun! : )

g: Mommy not very creative one!! This craft one provided by them mah..: p . okie, thanks for the tag. will check it out.

dr ve thru: yep, after the activity, a lot of mommies would hang around & have lunch or go shopping. So very good biz for the mall.

milkmaid said...

Hi - thanks for dropping by my site. Youi've got a pretty gal there, and cute tortoise too. I dont think they've got stuff like this is KL.

cairo's mommy said...

wah n i thought that the library at my place is cool hahaha!

btw, i've tagged you :D

Lian said...

I like the idea of the turtle. Will try it out with my kids to keep them busy.

Anggie's journel said...

heh.. what a great activities for kids and mummy... FOC somemore.
thanks for visiting my blog ..k ...

Blur Mommy said...

milkmaid: thanks for dropping by!

cairo's mommy: ok will check it out.

lian: ya, do try it out. My gal had fun with it.

anggie: FOC makes it even more fun, ya? haha..