Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Nap is not good for me??

Recently, Lil' C has begun to dislike taking naps in the afternoon. Pre-nap time, she's such a sweet & happy girl but the moment the 3-letter word NAP is mentioned, tears would start to flow & tantrums starts to kick in. Her favorite phrase now is "Nap is not good for me" Huh??? where did she learn that???

Actually, I dun mind her not taking any naps 'cos that meant early bedtime for her but the problem is that she gets very cranky in the evening when she doesn't nap. So I will try my best to get her to nap. Usually mommy wins the nap battle & she will "kuai-kuai" (obediently) take a 2 hr nap. But occasionally when I'm just too tired to battle it out with her, I let her go without a nap, let her daddy deal with her crankiness *evil grin * & send her to bed early.

Yesterday was such a day. Instead of a nap battle, I just left her alone playing in her room. For a while I could hear her playing in her room. Then all of a sudden it got too quiet. So I peeped into her room & guess what I saw . . . . . . . .

.
.



FAST ASLEEP in her tent!! Yippeee...... no cranky toddler in the evening!!
Yep, that's the way my little monkey usually sleeps.
Hmm.... wonder if this method will work everyday?? Probably not, huh???

9 comments:

Vien said...

Haha..that is a good method, just leave 'em alone. We did that with Belle last night. I saw her feet moving about and next thing I heard was her snoring. LOL!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Thats what i do to my gals when they refuse to sleep.. leave em alone & they will play or cry till they sleep. If all else fails, just flash out the cane, haha. The tent is so cool, i bet my gals will luv em too.

Sweetpea said...

don't worry, u are not alone. aidan has reach the stage he doesn't want to nap, but by 5pm he'll be nodding off. usually it's a case of 2 days no nap, 3rd day nap.
that's why now i can't do paid posts in the afternoon... cannot concentrate!

jazzmint said...

kiddos at this age always hate sleeping..sometimes even if they are so tired.....sometimes i resort to holding a cane to put them to sleep

blur_mommy said...

Vien: I hope this method will work again. Less stress for me : )

Health freak mommy: here dun sell cane wor.... hehehe.. I got the tent in Ikea. My gal loves it.

Sweetpea: Glad to hear that I'm not alone.: ) I guess this happens when they get to a certain age, huh?

Jazzmint: That's why I try very hard to get her to nap 'cos I can see that she's very tired. *sigh*

Health Freak Mommy said...

I use my mil's back-scratcher stick as a cane. :cruel:

cairo's mommy said...

wah i used to have a tent when i was a kid too n i absolutely loved it! thanks for reminding me kekeke, will get one for cairo when she is a little older

jean said...

So Grace and your darling sleep tha same way too. I find this is the cutiest way of sleeping. When I saw your darling slept this way, I can't help but smile :)

blur_mommy said...

health freak mommy: wah.. back-scratcher so useful ar???? hehehe....

cairo's mommy: ya, better get one for Cairo soon. She'll love it. : )

Jean: Yep, I love to watch her sleep this way too. : )